2/21/10

Put a cherry on top and call it good.

Usually when I don't post for a while it means either one of two things:
A ton of stuff happened, or nothing exciting happened.

In this case, the former would be the most true statement. I'm overwhelmed just thinking about it. However, I am determined to write about the exciting events of last week -- right now. 
Hang on, this might get lengthy.

Remember my post about how I had to get my blood drawn because I was feeling exhausted all the time?
Well, I got the results back and I don't have anything serious... just allergies to most of my favorite food groups. Including; nuts, wheat, and basically everything not in a climate controlled environment. Nice.

And here I thought I was being all healthy when I grabbed a handful of my favorite trail mix between meals.
Turns out, these allergies make me really foggy, exhausted, and unfocused (nothing too bad). 

I guess I won't be eating my favorites anymore though. (can I cry now?)

School is good. Except, I feel like my teachers have piled on the work load. 
Shoot! And when I'm not doing school, I feel like I should -- basically, guilt without a cause.
Normal? Probably not.

My ballet recital is in early May... and, I still do not know the dance. 
Pathetic, right? 

I don't know the dance because I have had to skip ballet class the last couple of weeks (the causes: a snow day and Seg. 2 of Drivers Ed).

Segment 2 of Drivers Education was super dee duper great.
I'm not even lying.

On the first day of the class (last Tuesday), I got there and Mr. Roder said, "You have huge eyes!" 
I have always considered my eyes to be of normal size. However, it sounded more like an observation than a compliment.  Running under the assumption that it was a compliment, I said in response, " Thanks!"
Now I feel somewhat self-conscious about the size of my eyeballs. Great.

I am actually starting to enjoy driving. Not only am I enjoying it more, but it doesn't frighten the heck out of me -- I'm confident in my driving capabilities. God certainly has done a work in me. 
Every time I get in the car, I praise the Lord for all He has done (and continues to do) for me.

When I took the level 2 driving test Thursday night, I admit, I was quite a bit nervous. I didn't study for it and wasn't sure if I'd completely bomb it and have to retake the class (not quite the ideal I was shooting for). 
On Thursday afternoon, I got home from Geometry and school, and after an early dinner, I decided to "rest my eyes". Well, I guess I was a lot more tired than I thought because I fell asleep. For a long time...

When I woke up two and a half hours later, I realized that I was running a little behind schedule and that I only had about 7 minutes to wake-up, grab my stuff, and hightail it on over to HHS. 
Now, I was really groggy and kind of had a brewing headache -- my dad gave me some Tylenol and said he'd be praying for me. 

When I got there, we reviewed for the test in class, and I talked to God extensively about it. To say I was worried would be an understatement of gross proportions. 
I was the last one done (I'm a slow test-taker).
When I gave my test to Mr. Roder to be graded, I thought I might just keel over and have a panic attack (it didn't help that he teased me about failing).
Thank goodness I didn't.

Guess what?
I only got one little question wrong!!!

Whew. Take a load off. 

I was (and still am) ecstatic to say the least.  Once again, God brought me through.
Now [approximately] only 44 more days until I'm 16 and can get my drivers license. 
Yes, I am counting down the days.

All of Friday I took the ACT prep test. Oh man, that was an interesting day...

Did you know that you're supposed to take three number 2 regular pencils?  

Apparently, three number 2 mechanical pencils don't quite make the cute in the world of ACT testing. 
I felt like DJ on that one episode of Full House when she took the SAT and didn't have the right stuff...
It was awful. 
Luckily, the girl sitting next to me, Amanda, let me use one of her pencils. She thought I wasn't the brightest bulb for not getting the memo. How embarrassing!
Lets just say, I'm not thrilled about getting to take the real test sometime in the near future.

That was my week in a nutshell.

I feel like I should go practice my parking now... 











1 comment:

Stephanie said...

oh my word, Christine!
that's SUCH a bummer about the allergies! :( wow!

segment 2 was great. except for the couple instances we needed duct tape. :)

that ACT.... dont even get me started. >:(
ha. that smily is funny-looking.

we need to talk soon! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails