

If you know anything about me, you'll know that autumn is my favorite season. Although its cold and dreary most days, I really do love it. I have been trying [unsuccessfully] to persuade my family to embrace the chilly weather... they seem less than ecstatic about the idea.
Living in Michigan, you never know what to expect. One minute it's clear and beautiful... the next, [dun dun DUNNN] its cold and cloudy with a chance of "flurries".
Okay, so I'm not a fan of the extreme cold. Actually, I can't stand it. I think God has a definite sense of humor because for my most recent birthday (APRIL 6TH, mind you) it... SNOWED. Heavily. As one of my friends' Mom said, "It looks like God is celebrating your big day with a snow party...[after saying that, she laughed]" Even so, I was less than thrilled.
I love the snow. Well, I love it for about a week. After that, I'm done. Now don't judge me on account of my disappointment - I wasn't disappointed in God, just in the snow. It looked very beautiful but I was hoping for it to be a warm, lovely spring day. Imagine my shock and disappointment to wake-up and find that there were several inches of snow (and it was STILL snowing to boot). Yes, my birthday was great - God is faithful all the time. It is critical to remember that He gave me great friends and a wonderful family who care for me a lot. God has taught me to see the beauty in everything. Nothing that God has created is EVER not beautiful. Okay, well that was like a miniature dream sequence. Back to reality.
Autumn is great because there is no snow yet, we get to drink hot apple cider, eat doughnuts, look at the magnificently colored leaves, and practically drink in the cozy aromas all around us. There's a special feeling, which looms in the air. A feeling that you could almost touch — a feeling of delight, of togetherness, of smiles, of little twinkles, of bright generosity, and of fuzzy nostalgia.
Heres to fall... and all of the splendid days, which God has created.
"Therefore we will not fear, though the earth should change and the mountains slip into the heart if the sea; though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains quake at its swelling pride. There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God, the holy dwelling places of the Most High. God is in the midst of her, she will not be moved; God will help her when morning dawns." Psalm 46: 2-5.
No comments:
Post a Comment